[sf-lug] A blog about Linux in local public schools

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 28 08:57:32 PST 2013

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> I would like to invite you to speak with our teachers to get their
> perspective on this issue, as well as the parents of our students, who pay
> nothing to send their children to these schools.

I'm sure they are fabulous people.  For my part, I am friends with
teachers from my private high school and my private university to this
day, and am grateful to them.  But I don't go around claiming they
worked in the public school system, as they did not.

> Many functions of Medicare are administered by private entities.  Does
> that make Medicare a private system?  No.

Counselor, you are arguing dishonestly again.

Medicare _itself_ is administered (and owned) by the Social Security
Administration.  All of it.

> Rick, you and I will just have to agree to respectfully disagree

No, counselor.  This is simply not a matter of opinion.  You are lying
to the public.  You really need to stop.

> Your definition is more narrow than mine.

It's not 'my definition'.  Ascend Learning, Inc. is a private
corporation and its school in Oakland is not a public school and not
administered or owned by the Oakland Unified School District.  Those are
facts.  Deal.