[sf-lug] SF Lug meeting On Sunday February 3, 2013

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 28 15:47:52 PST 2013

     SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 6 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     The meeting of January 21, 2013 was lightly attended.
I arrived early and Michael Paoli soon joined me.
Eric followed and was showing off his Nexus 7 tablet.
(If I have misidentified it, Eric can inform us, I hope)
Jim Stockford showed up and he and Michael discussed
the intended action since completed of rebooting the
server.  Michael had a great many DVDs and CD with
various iterations of the GNU/Linux system.
     Curiously I had a problem getting online with the
HP Compaq Presario and it seemed to be a hardware
switch-off of the built-in WiFi card.
     I disconnected the power and removed the battery
then re-inserted the battery and there was the WiFi
working properly.  This problem maybe due to the
Knoppix 7 I have installed on an 8 GiB flash drive
where it lets you shut off the WiFi from the desktop.

     Well I hope to see some of you all at the next meeting.
noting that the Super Bowl should not be starting before
you have time to get home.

     Bobbie Sellers