[sf-lug] A blog about Linux in local public schools

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 08:39:55 PST 2013

Hi Rick,

I would like to invite you to speak with our teachers to get their
perspective on this issue, as well as the parents of our students, who pay
nothing to send their children to these schools.

Many functions of Medicare are administered by private entities.  Does that
make Medicare a private system?  No.

Rick, you and I will just have to agree to respectfully disagree about
whether KIPP, ASCEND, and Prescott are public or private.  Our disagreement
is definitional in nature.  Your definition is more narrow than mine.  The
ironic thing is that you and seem to agree on how these charter schools
SHOULD be run.  But the operative fact motivating me is that any kid in
California can attend any of these schools gratis, a fac5 upon which you
and I agree.