[sf-lug] trustworthy repair shop

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 15:11:58 PDT 2012

Bobbie,
Before diving into the hardware, check the BIOS version, and what's
available from HP.
Some HP BIOS revisions deal with fan control and overheating problems.
Reflashing
the BIOS should be easier than disassembly of the laptop, but sadly, HP
frequently supplies the new BIOS as a Windows executable.    Ask for the
BIOS update from any repair shop you choose if you can't do it yourself (If
you machine still boots Windows, it should be trivial).
Ken

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com