[sf-lug] virtualbox - windows xp - problem to connect to Internet (Microsoft Explorer)

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 23:19:40 PDT 2012

Hi to all,
I have just successfully installed Oracle VM VirtualBox version 4.1.12 r77245

Next step was the installation of Windows XP (SP3), also completed, works.

However I can not connect to the Internet under the Windows XP using Microsoft Explorer. Any idea why? Below is info about the network which I use under the "master" Linux Mint and also info what I set at the Windows XP environment.

Linux Mint (Linux salixis 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 20:41:14 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux):
IP Address: 192.168.0.102
Broadcast Address: 192.168.0.255
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Route: 192.168.0.1
Primary DNS: 203.248.252.2
Secondary DNS: 164.124.101.2

Windows XP:
IP Address: 192.168.0.102
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

I wonder if Default Route is the same as Default Gateway?

Many thanks for any help,

Sincerely,

FA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi