[sf-lug] D-link WBR-2310

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 18:33:59 PDT 2012

I've had similar problems  in the past and I believe the problem had to do with dhcp. To make the connection your machine must not only "see" and negotiate a "conversation" with the access point but it must also be given a DHCP lease which in turn must include not only an IP address but also resolver information. What I experienced before is that my access point was not providing me a resolver  that worked for my particular machine.
It may be that you've no DHCP services provided through the access point that "doesn't work."
alex

a_kleider at yahoo.com