[sf-lug] UEFI motherboard available SUSE UEFI plans

Andrew Udvare audvare at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 14:10:22 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 12 August 2012, jim wrote:

>     Do you plan to purchase an Apple laptop and install
> Gentoo on it?

Since I already do this with the MacBook Air my work gave me, I don't see
why this option will not be viable in the near future. I'm not saying years
from now. Who knows what Apple might do.

They have been getting a bit more proprietary in the last 5 years to the
point that TextMate released its 2.0-beta source code in part to make a
point. It's one of the most popular text editors on Mac besides Sublime
(where Sublime is not open source) and I imagine TextMate will not be
appearing in the Mac App Store for a long time unless that is the only way
in (say for example, that the only other way eventually on OS X to run
untrusted code is to 'jailbreak' (find an exploit); then it might end up
being similar to the Windows 8 situation).