[sf-lug] computer work at a public school this Saturday

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 27 13:04:54 PDT 2012

Quoting Jeff Bragg (jackofnotrades at gmail.com):

> I believe you are missing Rick's point, which is not about whether or not
> public or private schools are a good thing, but rather about whether or not
> the school Christian refers to is in fact a public school.  Rick's point,
> if I understand correctly, is that the school in question is not actually a
> public school.

Thank you, yes.

I was trying to carefully avoid political disputation, simply noting in
passing that views differ over whether diverting public tax money to
fund certain private schools (charter schools) is good or bad.
Regardless of one's view, Christian's repeated misrepresentation of fact
on the subject is simply not OK.  He needs to stop -- finally.  (He's
been repeating that untruth very widely and over a period of some years,
now.)  Also, some expression of regret would be appreciated and in
order.