[sf-lug] Connectivity problem

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 07:41:27 PDT 2012

Rick,

Thank you very much for your response.

I followed up on all your suggestions and everything appeared to be as it should be.

Out of desperation I simply "down" and "up"ed the interface:

ifdown etho

ifup eth0

and after that all worked as it should.

It appears that for reasons I can't fathom, /etc/network/interfaces
isn't properly read during boot time (even though it is read enough such that ifconfig gives results indicating that all is well.) Forcing a re-read by putting
ifdown and ifup in /etc/rc.local makes things work properly.

I've heard people criticizing Debian's ARM packages and this may be an example of what they are talking about.  I've also had a problem with automounting of USB connected devices.
Thanks again.

alex

a_kleider at yahoo.com