[sf-lug] Fedora dealing with UEFI

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 5 00:36:11 PDT 2012

Quoting Grant Bowman (grantbow at ubuntu.com):

> Rick, you are the most factually correct and yet apparently mean
> spirited people I know.

I love this!  You get to do a completely barefaced personal attack on
me, and feel completely self-righteous about doing it, such that you can
call people unpleasant names and basically do extreme character
assassination without, say, being 'mean spirited' ever sticking to _you_.
That's a really neat trick, Grant.

And meanwhile, all I actually said was that Bobbie Sellers posted
something that was simply factally wrong, explained in detail why that
was the case, and made no comment whatsoever about Bobbie personally,
let alone acted in any 'mean-sprited' fashion.

As it happens, people have been parroting the ITworld.com headline
uncritically all over the Internet -- and erroneously slinging mud on
the Fedora developers for no better reason than not bothering to read
the details or double-check anything.  And, again, all I said about
Bobbie doing that is that the claim itself is simply wrong (and why).

I really don't know what your problem is, Grant - except that it appears
to involve a rather extreme case of hypocrisy.  So, no, I'm pretty much
unimpressed by this sudden outburst of scummy behaviour.

> Linux & related communities are made up of people who are driven away
> in ways large and small by exactly this kind of public exchange.

Whereas gratuitous character assassination is perfectly fine and
in fact beneficial, provided you clothe it in an aura of
self-righteousness.  Are you really managing to convince yourself of
that?

You've pretty much thrown away my respect in a single post, for whatever
that's worth.

Don't even bother to argue, as nothing good can come of this.