[sf-lug] Fedora dealing with UEFI

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jun 3 21:45:41 PDT 2012

Quoting Bobbie Sellers <bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com>

> No I quoted if from the Usenet post referenced below.

Quoting your post verbatim, immediately below the first line that claims
'Copied from a Usenet post, FYI':

  http://www.itworld.com/open-source/279459/fedora-linux-capitulates-microsoft-boot-certificate?page=0,0
  Fedora Linux capitulates to Microsoft boot certificate

The subject header of the referenced ITworld.com story is:

   Fedora Linux capitulates to Microsoft boot certificate

Is Usenet anywhere in this picture?  I don't know, and it's actually
entirely irrelevant.  Regardless of what anyone said on Usenet, the
point is:  That headline's simply wrong.  Thus my upthread point:
simply wrong.

That's why I said:  'That headline's simply wrong.  Thus my point:  simply
wrong.'

Understand?  Not correct.  Wrong.  Contradicted by fact.

It's irrelevant what anyone said on Usenet.  It's beside the point.

> It is simply wrong to claim that I wrote anything besides that one
> line and my signature.

I did _not_ so claim.

Let me repeat:  That headline's simply wrong.  Thus my point:  simply
wrong.

Understand?  Not correct.  Wrong.  Contradicted by fact.

I will be glad to accept your apology for the gratuitous and erroneous
soap-opera of asserting that I'd 'claimed that you wrote anything
besides that one line and your signature'.  You cited a reference to a
news story that made a severely erroneous claim.  I pointed out that
that news story is wrong.

Deal with it, please.  And have a great day.  And don't bother with the
apology if it'll prolong this waste of time.

> And I wished to correct your mis-apprehension as to the authorship of
> the posting which you did by cutting my reference to the Usenet where
> I found both URLs in a single post by a user styling himself Bit
> Twister which I found in alt.os.linux.mandriva,
> xref:mx04.eternal-september.org alt.os.linux.mandriva:26290

That is entirely irrelevant to the point, and I have pondered deeply
what the significance might be of someone mentioning on Usenet the
erroneous ITworld.com article that you cited by URL and headline -- and
come up completely dry.

> Again thank you for the explication of the matters in regards to
> UEFI and Secure Boot.

You're very welcome.