[sf-lug] Reminder: Linux Users' Group of Davis, March 19: "Attaining Critical Mass with Java EE"

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Thu Mar 8 11:33:07 PST 2012

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD) will be holding the following meeting:

  Monday
  March 19, 2012
  7:00pm - 9:00pm

Presentation:

  "Attaining Critical Mass with Java EE"
  Brian Lavender

    Maybe you tried Java.  You found it slow or you found it complex and
    encumbered with XML.  The good news is that Java EE (formally known
    as J2EE) has been evolving.  The good news is that configuration
    by convention and annotations has simplified many of those
    complexities.  Perhaps now is the time to take a new look.

    We will look at using both doing web pages using JSF, Web Beans with
    Context Dependency Injection, and JPA.  We will explore using both
    Netbeans and Eclipse for tooling.

This meeting will be held at:

  Yolo County Public Library, Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch
  (Davis Public Library)
  315 East 14th Street
  Davis, California 95616

For more details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

------------
About LUGOD:
------------

  The Linux Users' Group of Davis is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization
  dedicated to the Linux computer operating system and other Open Source
  and Free Software.

  Since 1999, LUGOD has held regular meetings with guest speakers
  in Davis, California, as well as other events in Davis and the greater
  Sacramento region.  Events are always free and open to the public.

  Please visit our website for more details:  http://www.lugod.org/

--
Bill Kendrick
pr at lugod.org