[sf-lug] Don't like KDE 4.x.x?

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Mar 11 11:36:08 PDT 2012

Hi LUGers et al,
       Well a lot of users have been unhappy with KDE 4.x.x
so Pearson Computing has put together several version
of Ubuntu (or should that be Tubuntu?) for various processors
with a bootable live CD to test the system.
           I just got thru with a very simple test of this
Ubuntu-10.10-trinity-amd64.iso which took about 90 minutes
for me to download.  They also have enterprise versions in
DVD.isos.
           This takes quite a while to boot up from CD but it
works OK and includes some of my favorite tools on the CD.
It does lack Firefox and Thunderbird.  While it said it did not
recognise the video card or monitor the latest system recognizes
not only the correct resolution and refresh rate but as well
allows rotation, mirroring and use on multiple monitors.
This does not look identical to 3.9.10 but it has tools
that resemble that version of KDE very closely and permit similar
changes.
           They have instructions as well for installation to installed
Ubuntu systems.

<http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/>

     Bobbie Sellers