[sf-lug] got date?, & doc. updates: SF-LUG & BALUG: System OS upgrades

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 14 06:09:43 PST 2012

[include: "SF-LUG & BALUG: System OS upgrades" (less quotes) within
Subject: header for folks to follow on this topic]

Jim, et. al. - let me know:
Got date for doing this upgrade?  How 'bout evening of:
2012-02-22 (W),
2012-02-23 (Th), or
2012-02-24 (F)
Let me know.  "Soon" would be good ... but I've got oncall through next
M A.M., 2012-02-20 is SF-LUG meeting & President's Day, 2012-02-21 is
BALUG.  So, that puts us to W (or Th, or F) (and most of the time I
don't venture to S.F. on the weekends, as I'm already typically there
M-F).

Also, I've updated a fair bit more of the "upgrade" documentation/plan
stuff:
http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=system:vicki_debian_lenny_to_squeeze
Should be pretty complete at this point.  I've documented in fair bit
of detail the sflug Xen domU --> qemu-kvm conversion process.  I've not
detailed the balug guest conversion in detail - it would be relatively
similar anyway, and can be done remotely - the balug guest doesn't have
quite the uptime requirements of the sflug guest (upon which sf-lug.com.
depends).  Though the balug guest also has much production stuff, for
the most part it doesn't have any hard realtime direct dependencies.