[sf-lug] SF-LUG & BALUG: System OS upgrades *soon*(?) - volunteer(s)?

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:34:57 PST 2012

IIRC some major installations choose to use the proper names.

Why - well for some other distros (eg Ubuntu) than Debian releases ("when
ready") are not so stable / secure when new.

Even with Debian tho there are always technical adjustments (new features,
even dropped packages).

There is a desire for planned rather than forced upgrades.

Also one may /should  be able to upgrade less often. I thought one release
back was always supported ?

-Brian