[sf-lug] [Fwd: Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 updated]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 9 17:27:02 PDT 2007

Quoting Sameer Verma (sverma at sfsu.edu):

> FYI, for those of you who use Debian. Make sure to edit
> /etc/apt/sources.list network sources to refer to `sarge' instead of
> `stable'.

Emphasis added:

   Users _who would like to continue using Debian GNU/Linux 3.1_ are
   advised to update their /etc/apt/sources.list network sources to refer
   to `sarge' instead of `stable'.

Begs the question of why one _would_ prefer to stay on a development
branch that'll soon be put out to pasture permanently and cease
to get maintenance updates.  I find that people who are unclear on
Debian's release process often make that choice in error.