[sf-lug] SF-LUG & BALUG: System OS upgrades *soon*(?) - volunteer(s)?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 23 17:19:49 PST 2012

I wrote:

> Somebody obviously decided to commit this blunder as a deliberate policy
> choice, possibly the 'expert Linux sys admin with a particularly good
> set of best practices' you speak of?  ;->

Quick, Sherman!  The Wayback Machine!
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2007q2/001406.html
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2007q2/001408.html

In 2007, I cautioned Michael Paoli and others against their proposal to
peg Debian to a named branch and explained why it was unwise.  Might
want to work with the Debian administrative regime.  It turns out better.