[sf-lug] filesystem for a 3TB external USB drive

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 4 12:53:23 PST 2012

Quoting Shane Tzen (shane at faultymonk.org):

> Sure.  Except to reiterate that ZFS and btrfs are not ready for
> mainstream use on Linux.  To recommend doing so to someone seeking
> advice is irresponsible.

Then, all the more reason you need to cool it, because not only did I
_nowhere_ so recommend, but in fact said the way I'd ZFS (if I had some
mammoth storage host) would be via Nexenta (i.e., on Solaris rather than
Linux).

(I never recommend btrfs on _anything_, and, elsewhere, I rather scathingly
shot down someone else's recommendation fairly recently:
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2011-November/006803.html )

It would be appropriate for you to apologise, at this point.  Probably,
you have me confused with someone else, but your firing aggressive
personal criticism ('irresponsible') at the entirely wrong party has
done you little credit.