[sf-lug] filesystem for a 3TB external USB drive

Shane Tzen shane at faultymonk.org
Wed Jan 4 12:01:26 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Yes, we already know about fsck times, and the reason why ZFS / btrfs /
> etc. exist.
> Might I suggest that you cool it a bit?  Thanks.

Sure.  Except to reiterate that ZFS and btrfs are not ready for
mainstream use on Linux.  To recommend doing so to someone seeking
advice is irresponsible.

Beyond the issues already mentioned about using ZFS and btrfs not
being ready for production use (enterprise or otherwise), if not
having recovery tools for a btrfs is not already deterrent enough, I
would recommend reading http://lwn.net/Articles/393148/.