[sf-lug] Remote access to Microsoft Windows server

Joe joebaker at dcresearch.com
Sun Nov 6 01:05:15 PDT 2011

What about disconnecting from  the session and reconnecting with a
command line which has a different geometry?  Does this reshape the
geometry and layout of the windows desktop screen for you?

I've noticed in VirtualBox that they have a windows display driver
that allows you to resize the remote desktop window and have the
resulting layout of the windows screen adjust correspondingly.

Another thought is to look in the windows control panel for display
settings which enable resizing of the display in a quicker way from an
applet like control on the taskbar.

If disconnecting the session and reconnecting with a different command
line works, then we could make a script that kills off the one and
connects with the other geometry on the fly.  Then bind this script to
a keyboard shortcut sequence of your Linux Desktop.

I hope this helps.

- -Joe Baker
GPG Key ID 0xDDEC0260