[sf-lug] Remote access to Microsoft Windows server

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Oct 9 19:50:09 PDT 2011

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> I have been able to access Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 in a
> window with the BASH command given below, but I would like to be able
> to toggle between full screen mode and the window once it is open,
> without having to go to the BASH shell.  Does anyone know how to do
> this?

Er...  you're specifying a fixed, specific resolution to rdesktop when
opening your RDP connection, so that's what you're going to get.  Any
'toggling' would have to be implemented both on the remote RDP-server
end and in your xterm (or whatever you use), and implemented
identically, at that.  Think about it.  You're asking for something for
which no mechanism really could exist.

By the way, bash has nothing particularly to do with this.