[sf-lug] Fedora 15, KDE 4.7, Gnome 3

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 14:05:45 PDT 2011

Since I installed Fedora 15 on my laptop, it very often fails to boot
because it hangs in the network driver because network driver tries to
load before D-Bus is fully up.    This hang can occur whether or not
wireless is enabled and whether or not wireline eth0 is plugged in.
My system is fully patched, in case you were wondering.    And my
laptop is a three-year-old x86_64 AMD version from HP.

In other words, if I enable network start at boot on laptop, it is
currently pretty much unusable.

For my money, F15 with systemd is by far the worst RedHat release of
all time, and I've been using RH since RH6 (before Fedora existed).
YMMV obviously.

If Fedora 16 is not substantially more stable, I will soon be a Debian user.

--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)