[sf-lug] Remote access to Microsoft Windows server

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:59:41 PDT 2011

hi,

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Mike Higashi <mhigashi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I tried googling
>>
>> toggle between full screen mode and a window in Ubuntu 10.04 opened from
>> terminal
>>

> Try these search terms instead:
>
>    rdesktop toggle fullscreen

That search term worked.  It brought me to this page:

http://www.manticmoo.com/articles/jeff/linux/rdesktop-fullscreen-mode.php

which shows that just hitting cntrl-alt-enter works to bring it back and
forth between full screen mode an window mode.  The problem is that the
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 desktop is cut off at the bottom in window
mode (but not in full screen mode).  In other words, using full screen mode,
I am able to access the Microsoft Windows "Start" button at the bottom, as
well as the open apps at the bottom, but I don't have access to those things
in window mode.  Still, it is nice to be able to use the full size of the
screen by simply toggling back and forth between full screen mode and window
mode.  Thanks again to everyone who helped!