[sf-lug] GuruPlug plus

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Tue May 3 23:14:29 PDT 2011

thanks, Akkana,
the heating issue does not bother me so much, as i was going to use one plug
to connect to the modem, and the other to have a loose cable, for the times
b43 dies on me. what bothered me more was a thread about the wireless being
very slow, as i was going to use it as my main wireless router.
which leads me back to square 1: i am looking for small form-factor serve
(plug) that i can use as my wireless router. i want to control the
router-ness of it, that is to have it run linux with dhcpd, dns, fw and all
other goodies. if i read correctly, i can install openwrt, and it will take
care of it all.
maybe the solution is to give up in built in wireless and connect it to my
wireless commercial router, and have it act as a router only, like a
repeater, only for a wired server.
sheeva? tonido?

Ehud