[sf-lug] GuruPlug plus

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Wed May 4 15:36:33 PDT 2011

> [..] i am looking for small form-factor serve (plug) that i can use as my wireless router. i want to control the router-ness of it, that is to have it run linux with dhcpd, dns, fw and all other goodies. if i read correctly, i can install openwrt, and it will take care of it all.

So if you are looking for more of a router than a server, you might include in your thinking something that has a switch chip.

Have you looked at a routerStation? Such as:
http://www.ubnt.com/rspro
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/routerstation.pro

I have a mikrotik similar version rb450G and works great. Currently running router os, which is Linux, but not open.  I use an wifi AP that is mounted up a wall, so okay with wifi radio not being built in. That said, it's on my radar to try out a router station pro one of these days (either ebay or roc-noc.com (nice folks)).

Rick