[sf-lug] GuruPlug plus

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue May 3 19:48:28 PDT 2011

Ehud Kaldor writes:
> in an endeavor to create a white-box server-router, the best match i found
> is the guruplug server plus (
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-32-guruplug-server-plus.aspx), as
[ ... ]
> another unfortunate is that i have not found any other plug with wireless
> and 2 eth ports.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend some research on
plugcomputer.org first -- in particular, threads like this
http://plugcomputer.org/plugforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=325598ca0e04296b7166498aae972066&topic=1735.0
Some people report that using both ethernet ports at the same time
triggers overheating.  You might also be interested in the more
general threads there on GuruPlugs and GlobalScale.

Don't forget to add $40 to the list price of any Globalscale plug,
since they package their JTAG module as a separate item. You need it
to talk to the plug over a serial line, and for any kernel or uboot
upgrade. It's possible to use a plug without a serial cable but it's
risky -- if you ever make a mistake and lose networking, you're stuck.

	...Akkana