[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting this Sunday 2 January 2011

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Thu Dec 30 08:55:12 PST 2010

Hi LUG members,

    Yes the usual low key meeting from 11 AM to 1 PM, nominally,
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary.

     Happy New Year!

     I will drag along the latest Linux Pro & Linux Journal magazines,
and Live Disks of CDLinux both in the Community and standard
releases.  Standard is about 30 Megabytes in size and Community
with more tools is about 225 Megabytes.
     These can load into memory and mount all the connected disks.
     Like Knoppix these are useful either for operating without an
install on a PC or working on a damaged system to recover it.

     Oh and I finished my 3 month trial of Gnome 2.3 and switched
back to KDE with which I am still having problems.  One of the
reasons I switched is poor performance with Brasero and CDCreator.
     The chief problem I am having with updated 2001.1 is failure
to hibernate or indeed to shut down with using a Terminal.

     May you all have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year
in 2011.

       later
       Bobbie Sellers
   Happy New Year!