[sf-lug] Free Pizza! Triage Fest for Linux in schools

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:18:47 PST 2010

Hi,

This Friday, 12/31/10, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Creative Arts
Charter School at 1601 Turk Street at Pierce in San Francisco, we will be
triaging old hardware.  Our goal will be to comb through our pile of
existing hardware to find hardware that is suitable for a basic Linux client
install.  We won't actually be doing the installs -- those installs will
happen later, once we have triaged equipment.  The goal is to separate
working from non-working equipment and get the non-working equipment over to
the ACCRC.org for responsible recycling.

If you are interested in helping out, please email me here at this email
address.  We will be ordering Pizza at 1:15 p.m., so that we can eat the
pizza at 2:00 p.m.  Al Stoll is paying for the pizza (Thanks Al ! ).

Please bring whatever tools you have to triage machines -- circuit testers,
etc.  Please also bring needle nose pliers if you have them, and whatever
screw drivers you would need to pull apart and test machines and printers,
etc.

It is difficult to get into the school, so please text or call Christian
Einfeldt at 415-351-1300 when you arrive, so that I can let you into the
school.