[sf-lug] Meeting Sunday 7 November & Next meeting 15 November.

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Sun Nov 7 14:30:19 PST 2010

     Luggers
         What a rain this morning but I covered up my cart
full of computer and the like and got to the meeting
at 11 AM,  Ken who has been in Vermont followed, then
Jim showed up and finally Jeff.
     Ken demoed his Ubuntu on a USB drive after we
demonstrated the difference between his install
and my Knoppix install.
     My Knoppix looks like an opened ISO but his
Ubuntu looks like a normal disk based install.
Ubuntu has a specific utility to make this sort
of install.  Ken's comes in Gnome 2.3.2 and the
Knoppix comes up in LXFE.

     Around 1255 we packed up and left
     Ken went his way with his charming wife
and Jim gave myself and Jeff a ride home.

     Now the reason for this posting is not this
meeting though it was an interesting exercise
but to remind people that a week from
Monday on November 15 is the next
SF-LUG meeting from 6-8 PM at the
same place, Cafe Enchante.

     I have decided for the immediate future to
leave the external USB CD/DVD r/w drive at
home unless someone needs it to do an
install at a meeting.  If you do send me an
e-mail either thru the group or privately.

         later
        Bobbie Sellers