[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting tonite

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Mon Aug 16 21:04:48 PDT 2010

     Very sparsely attended.
     Myself and Eric.
     Eric solved a problem that I had there in that
my computer could access the wireless fine but
it could not use the http browser except curiously
for Chrome,  I tried not only the standby Firefox
but the Konqueror and Opera.
     Neither could find even Google.
     I even tried Windows Firefox and it worked.
     So Thunderbird could not send or receive regular
emali from my regular mail server.

     But it could access my Usenet server in Europe.

     Eric puzzled it out eventually.
     IVP6 had been enabled in my new install of
Mandriva 2010.1 .  For some reason it worked
fine at home but in the Cafe it went nowhere
very fast.
     Once repaired and restarted it began to
function normally/

     A lot of people have had trouble with
using the net at Cafe Enchante so I offer this
experience in hope it may help.

     later
     Bobbie Sellers