[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting tonite

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 17 00:23:09 PDT 2010

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss at sfo.com):

>     Eric puzzled it out eventually.
>     IVP6 had been enabled in my new install of
> Mandriva 2010.1 .  For some reason it worked
> fine at home but in the Cafe it went nowhere
> very fast.

Most likely, differences of available DNS.  The default recursive
nameserver you're using at home is IPv6-compatible.  The default
recursive nameserver you're using at Cafe Enchante is not.

This discussion has come up on sf-lug before, most recently in April.
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2010q2/007696.html
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2010q2/007694.html

As always, I'm obliged to ask:  Why not just run a local recursive DNS
nameserver, and use it?  It's not like it's difficult.