[sf-lug] Fwd: 2010 Spring install seems OK.

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Sun Jul 11 09:06:15 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	2010 Spring install seems OK.
Date: 	Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:03:42 -0700
From: 	B Sellers <bliss at sfo.com>
Newsgroups: 	alt.os.linux.mandriva

	I had some hassle.
	First attempts onto a prepared empty partition failed with the attempt
to test the video card driver.  Dumped into failure bin and had to reboot to
make sure none of the drivers worked.
	So then I did the install on that partition with 2010 Spring One and
got a sweet setup but lacked my usual tools though I had access
  to my /Home.
	Up late last night with that.
	Then this morning I tried 2010 Spring Free 64 bit and was going to upgrade
the One but I was not offered that choice instead updating my 2009.1,

[bliss at localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.33.5-desktop-2mnb #1 SMP Thu Jun 17 19:50:04 UTC
2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

	is the result running faster and lighter than 2009.1 with all my handy
tools.

	Barely can wait until next month to get the PowerPack.

	later
	bliss