[sf-lug] question about using rsync and ssh in a script

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sat Jul 10 10:32:22 PDT 2010

John Magolske writes:
> Thanks for the tips on using public/private key pairs with ssh, I'll
> need to sit down & set this up at some point. For now I figured out
> an rsync solution to syncing multiple directories without having to

Not that you need another solution since you already have two good
ones, but a third is ssh-agent. It caches the password so you only
need to type it once per session, so the user only gets prompted for
a password once per machine.  Probably not as good a solution as
a public key, but might be worth knowing about anyway.

	...Akkana