[sf-lug] X201 Laptop randomly freezing (completely)

Ken Shaffer kenshaffer80 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 13:18:06 PDT 2010

I've had problems with Lucid on my desktop with
the intel video.  Fixed the instant GL screensaver
crashes with the suggested kernel in Ubuntu bug 541492
(for i845 chips) (or 541511 for i855).  Still crashed
after a few hrs.  I'm testing a lower resolution now,
to see if that makes a difference.
 You may find non-intel drivers without accel which
work.  Also, dropping back to 9.10 may be an easy
fix.  I certainly had no problems with 8.04 -- upgraded
to 10.04, so I don't have much experience with the 9.xes
Good Luck
Ken