[sf-lug] X201 Laptop randomly freezing (completely)

Jon Skulski jskulski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:21:26 PDT 2010

Hey all-

I have a lenovo x201 laptop that I finally got ubuntu 10.04 installed on.
I was running into
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/554569, so I am running
the custom kernel in #45, though I experience my problem with stock kernels
as well.

What I am experiencing is random freezes on my laptop. I am not sure exactly
what causes it. Some days it's seems more frequent.
I do notice that it's less frequent without anything pluged in (external
monitor/keyboards, etcs). My CPU tempature is around 52C

I don't notice anything in the logs, but not sure if the kernel is logging
everything.

I'm a programmer, but recently moved back to linux and would like to
diagnose this problems. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to debug
this?
Here is a similar post I created on the ubuntu forms that has not really
been answered.

http://newyork.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1512143

I am full up to date.