[sf-lug] droid phones: HTC or Moto?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 16:20:27 PDT 2010

hi,

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:30 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   thanks, christian, now i got one, too.
>   i hate it, of course, but its user interface
> is much better than that of the LG env touch. i
> suppose i'll get used to it and perhaps even
> think it's okay after a while.

I do recommend that any user of a touch-screen phone get a plastic shield
for their phone, and a shell to keep the shield in place.  It is fairly easy
to scratch the faceplate of any cell phone, and a plastic shield will
protect you.  The plastic shield is $15.00 for three plastic sheets (a scam)
and a shell is about $35.00 (a rip-off) but in the long run, it is worth it.
 I find that even if I am careful, I occasionally stuff my Droid into a
pocket with keys or other sharp metalic objects.  You don't want to scratch
the face plate of your phone.

So yes, it is a scam and a rip-off to charge $50.00 for mere plastic, but
you will probably be using your phone for 2 years, and so you can amortize
it over 24 months, and it is less onerous to admit to yourself that you
spent that kind of money for some dawgone plastic.