[sf-lug] THANK YOU Re: Has anyone configured a HP LJ P1006 to Ubuntu 9.04 or 6.06?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 15 13:31:28 PDT 2010

Quoting Mikki McGee (mikkimc at earthlink.net):

>    Thanks for the responses.  I am sure they will be helpful, when I
> am forced to face the HP Laserjet.  Right now I have a gift HP
> deskjet, which uses too much ink even in "draft" mode."

Hate to be the bearer of bad news twice in a row, but that's the problem
with inkjet printers generally:  They use up ink cartridges rapidly, and
the cartridges cost quite a bit of money.

Some of us deliberately avoid inkjet printers entirely for that reason:
They tend to be a razor-blade-and-razor trap.