[sf-lug] [Fwd: Job Posting: Helpdesk Position, contract in San Francisco, (SF minimum wage or better)

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jan 9 07:36:01 PST 2010

A contract opening where I work - potentially a good/excellent
opportunity for someone with good Microsoft Windows (XP, etc.) skills
(and hopefully at least a reasonable bit of Linux) that may want to
gain some more hands-on practical production Linux experience.  I'd say
roughly 80% of the oncall portion is for events on Linux-based systems.

salary range: it's contract (hourly), range is between (at least) a low
of the San Francisco legal minimums and a high of the maximum rate
that's been budgeted for the position  (sorry, I do not have and may
not receive more details).

If interested, email your resume (or at least your contact information)
to my work email address:
Michael Paoli <michael.paoli at babycenter.com>

references/excerpts (partially redacted):

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 1:46 PM
Subject: Helpdesk Position

All,

<redacted> position (contract only).  Effective immediately, we.ll be
recruiting for a contract helpdesk position.  The primary
responsibilities will be Windows/Helpdesk support but this individual
will also be expected to participate in the 24x7 oncall rotation (1st
tier).

Please reach out to your networks and let me know if you know of anyone
that you would recommend.   Please send me the resumes of any potential
candidates that you feel strongly about.

may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended
recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject
to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.