[sf-lug] "Free": Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) (& OSD)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 11 01:31:45 PST 2009

Much thanks for mentioning the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG)
again.  Although I'm quite familiar with the DFSG, you caused me to
realize that the DFSG really embodies what I tend to think of as far as
what "free" (as in "open source" and freedom) software is ... or at
least ought to be.  I think the DFSG does a superb job of capturing what
"free" software is and should be.

For anyone who hasn't yet read it, highly recommended reading:
http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

references/excerpts:
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2009q3/006894.html

Quoting Rick Moen (rick at linuxmafia.com):