[sf-lug] Introductions

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:55:25 PST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Shawn Lewis <shawnisalk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> My name is Shawn. I'm a new add to the group.

Welcome.  The SF Bay Area has lots of Linux-related activity.  There are
Linux meetings regularly through BALUG and SF-LUG and at Noisebridge, each
easily googleable.  Let me know if you don't find the links.  In the east
bay, there is EBLUG and in the south bay there is SVLUG and Conspire, which
is a really nice barbeque at Rick Moen's house.

There are also three schools in the SF Bay Area which are using Linux and
could use volunteers.  In addition, I am producing a documentary called the
Digital Tipping Point about how Free Open Source Software is changing global
culture.  We have 100 hours of our raw, forkable footage posted to
Archive.org.

Please let me know if any of these things interest you and if you need more
info.

c u