[sf-lug] Introductions

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 3 13:11:37 PST 2009

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> Welcome.  The SF Bay Area has lots of Linux-related activity.  There are
> Linux meetings regularly through BALUG and SF-LUG and at Noisebridge, each
> easily googleable.  Let me know if you don't find the links.  In the east
> bay, there is EBLUG and in the south bay there is SVLUG and Conspire, which
> is a really nice barbeque at Rick Moen's house.

Actually, the name of that Linux user group[1] is CABAL (old in-joke).
Being named "CABAL" since its 1997 founding at a Linux-based Internet
cafe in SOMA, that LUG's logical choice of name for its _mailing list_
was therefore Conspire (started in mid-2000 using Majordomo, then
converted over to GNU Mailman in Dec. 2000).  Get it?

http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/

[1] Sure, we do BBQ (since, aside from that and free parking, what else
are the suburbs good for? ;->  ), but it's also a full-blown real,
meets-regularly-and-everything user group and twice-monthly installfest.