[sf-lug] Help with Thinkpad upgrade

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 13:20:40 PDT 2009

While running Linux on just about anything might be possible, I
suggest you might not want to spend your time with a system that
performs relatively poorly.  Laptop hardware can be pretty specialized
when trying to upgrade.

I bought a laptop (ThinkPad T42, 1.7GHz Pentium M, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB
disk) through eBay for $187 including shipping that runs great and is
far more useful to me than an older laptop.  It's worth considering
depending on your needs and budget.

Grant Bowman