[sf-lug] [LINUX USER QUESTIONAIRE] How did you become a Linux user?

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Tue Jul 28 15:10:46 PDT 2009

Edward Janne wrote:
> Wow! Thanks guys for your great responses! As far as my paper is
> concerned, there are no wrong answers. All points of view are
> valuable. No response is wrong, including those that question my
> approach or motivations. It is really about trying to see things from
> your subjective points of view and how they relate to group identity
> (in so far as one can be said to exist).
>
> I forgot to mention in the first post that I will not use your real
> names, or post any personal information (beyond your responses to my
> questions) in my paper unless you specifically give me permission to
> do so. I will use names picked at random. If you would prefer I use
> your real name or any other identifier, please let me know.
>
> I also must mention that the point of this study is not for me to be
> an aloof and disconnected observer, but to be a
> "participant-observer". That basically means that I have to
> acknowledge to myself that I cannot expect to be entirely impartial,
> and that by my very presence in the group, I will affect group dynamic
> to some degree. That's ok as long as I try my best to keep that to a
> minimum.
>
> Here's the next question, but please continue to respond to the first
> one if you like.
>
> -edj
>
> Question 2: How did you become a Linux user?

    My friends (some of them at  least) on Team Amiga Mailing List were
starting to use
Linux and one sent me copies of the ISO files so that I could use a
Windows laptop since
deceased to make Linux installation disks.
    I had been an Amiga User and the company Commodore Business Machines
was ruined
by the owner so there would be no more new Amiga computers and mine had
started to
wear out.

    later
    Bobbie Sellers