[sf-lug] Multi booting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 9 02:13:15 PST 2009

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> I multi-boot exclusively , so I can simply reboot into another install
> when something goes wrong .

You should tutor Vince.  ;->

You've listed a number of interesting tips for multi-booters, and *I*
can tell what you mean by all of them, but I'm betting that you'll need
to elaborate on most of them, before they'd be widely understood.

> Is it possible for some distributions to share /boot ?

I'm not sure I'd want to try.  Each distro would assume the right to
mess with the contents, and their fighting over files in /boot/grub
would be particularly dire.  And what would you gain, really?  A few
megs?