[sf-lug] That sad Dell Dimension 2400

jim jim at well.com
Fri Feb 6 19:04:07 PST 2009

   you might try to find a generic case and
a generic motherboard and see if you can pop
some working components (e.g. disk drives,
RAM...) into the machine. the street is a
good place for cases.
   i'm interested in finding a motherboard
that has very low power requirements, is
fanless, and has a total vertical height of
1 1/2 inches or less. i'm thinking of
driving out of san francisco city limits
to chase this down, maybe go to fries in
palo alto.
   you, bobby, and anyone else interested
in such a trek, are welcome to join me.
(bobby, you might find a suitable mobo at
fries, both wrt cost and performance).