[sf-lug] That sad Dell Dimension 2400

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Feb 7 01:31:03 PST 2009

Quoting jim (jim at well.com):

>    i'm interested in finding a motherboard
> that has very low power requirements, is
> fanless, and has a total vertical height of
> 1 1/2 inches or less. i'm thinking of
> driving out of san francisco city limits
> to chase this down, maybe go to fries in
> palo alto.
>    you, bobby, and anyone else interested
> in such a trek, are welcome to join me.
> (bobby, you might find a suitable mobo at
> fries, both wrt cost and performance).

Hey, Jim,  Bobby, and company:

Please consider stopping by my place (1105 Altschul Ave. @ Gordon Ave.,
Menlo Park) before or after your South Bay foray, to hang out and chat,
and discuss hardware for Linux.  (I'll probably be working on some P4
rackmount servers I've recently received.)   And, of course, if you want
to duplicate any of CABAL's Linux & BSD CD/DVD collection, I'll have those.

My cellular:  650-283-7902.

By the way, if you're shopping for computer hardware in the South Bay,
I'd personally stop at Central Computer before going to Fry's.  For that
matter, Central has a perfectly fine office in SoMa -- not that I want
to discourage you from coming to visit.