[sf-lug] ISPs that are good for Linux

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 07:52:37 PST 2009

Maybe I'm reading more into this than I should -- it wouldn't be the first
time -- but I think one of the undercurrents of this discussion should be
supporting ISPs which are Linux-based, or at least Linux-friendly.
Case in point -- a tale of two Santa Cruz ISPs: Cruzio, the larger "local"
ISP which touts its local friendliness but is absolutely clueless when it
comes to Linux; further they do not even want to deal with Linux at all --
you use it at your own risk (a direct quote, to which I responded, "I'll
chance it."). Got.net, on the other hand, is a Debian-based ISP which
provides support for Linux users (as well as users of other OSes).

Truth in advertising: I am regretfully a Cruzio subscriber at the moment
switching over to Got.net for reasons mentioned above.

Larry Cafiero