[sf-lug] ISPs that are good for Linux

Romel Jacinto penguin at techbandit.com
Tue Jan 27 23:33:12 PST 2009

On 01/27/2009 10:57 PM, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> This is info is for a 60 yr old guy to whom I
> just gave a Xubuntu box.  He is on a low fixed income.

Someone on a low fixed income might have a difficult time incurring an
additional monthly expense.

Rather than a dedicated DSL line, have you considered suggesting wifi?

Legalities and security aside, there are numerous open wireless access
points setup by individuals, but there's also Meraki, who is attempting
to bring free wifi to all of San Francisco. Meraki states that they are
OS agnostic.

I have no direct experience with Meraki, but it might be no-price option
for your new Xubuntu user.

More info:
http://sf.meraki.com/faq

--