[sf-lug] ISPs that are good for Linux

Eric Walstad ewalstad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 08:55:12 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Romel Jacinto <penguin at techbandit.com> wrote:
> Rather than a dedicated DSL line, have you considered suggesting wifi?
> there's also Meraki, who is attempting
> to bring free wifi to all of San Francisco.

A few years back I was running an external wifi beam antenna to
connect to a local SFLan[1] node.  I don't use it much any more
because my wife started calling me at the office for tech support when
the conditions were such that we weren't able to get to the node.
However, if the OP's friend is close to an SFLan node that might be
another viable option.

Eric
[1] http://www.archive.org/web/sflan.php