[sf-lug] OLPC thoughts...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Nov 19 06:38:41 PST 2008

Hello everybody,

I thought I'd update you all on the One Laptop Per Child project.
Instead of writing a long e-mail, I've posted my thoughts and details
online. Last year's donation program helped hundreds of thousands of
children around the world get little green laptops for education. I
had the good fortune of visiting one of the first pilot sites in
India. The experience of seeing 5 year olds using laptops (yes, FOSS
laptops :-)) in a remote village is perhaps the most impressive
experience of my professional career. Its proof that this effort
actually works.

Read more and see videos at http://opensource.sfsu.edu/node/577

cheers,
Sameer